Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Changing Habits

Module 2 Blog Assignment: Personal Change

State the habit you are changing and what will be difficult about refraining from it. Then update your blog frequently (daily would be ideal) with how it's going. What are you feeling? What do you think of this exercise?


Everyone knows that bad habits are hard to break! Many times we don't like to admit that we have bad habits until they start to affect our quality of life. I have never been one to work out on a consistent basis. Blame on a super busy schedule, being a parent to two wild boys, or just plain not wanting to go to the gym, regardless, I have never made time in the gym a priority. A few months back I had some bloodwork done and apparently thanks to great genetics, my cholesterol is well beyond that of a normal 30-something female and if I didn't make some changes I was going to have consider medications to prevent future problems associated with that. I have kicked around the idea of getting more time to workout but never really felt compelled until this assignment. Who knew a simple assignment could be the reason I really start working on becoming a healthier human? So, for the next two weeks (and hopefully well beyond), I am going to strive to get to the gym three times a week, I am giving up all soda (diet or regular), and embracing a better diet. Stay tuned for how this goes...

Here's a tracker I am going to use as well to help me monitor my progress. I'm a big fan of planners and this fits in nicely to my routine!

You can print it for free here: https://the-lilypad.com/habit-tracker-free-printable/ 

There are also some great smartphone apps to help this process too:
https://www.lifehack.org/668261/best-habit-tracking-apps

Some other great resources I've found to help this process include:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/fixing-families/201712/how-break-bad-habits
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/21-days-actually-66-break-bad-habit-4-tips-how-win-jastrzebska

No comments:

Post a Comment